Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lest You Think I Always Cook

Today was quiet on the home front.  I worked from home, as I do most Wednesdays.  I had three conference calls so I spent a lot of time with my foot on a chair, listening, taking notes and throwing in my three cents.

Camille called later in the afternoon to tell me all about her classes.  Her first day at the Junior College was Monday and she is loving college after just one week.  She said the instructors talk to you, not down at you, and they tell interesting stories (that would be the homicidal behavior class) without worrying about the strict high school guidelines of what you can and can't say.  The students made a positive impression as well.  Everyone seemed to want to be there and there weren't any "losers" lurking in the shadows at the back of the room.  This evening she is shadowing someone at what she hopes will be her first job, at a frozen yogurt shop.  And, her boyfriend returns Friday after being gone on vacation all month with his family.  You could say she was in a happy mood when she called.

Brett and Flash left in the mid afternoon.  They are going on a long trail ride ending late tonight.  The group will ride back to their trailers in the moonlight.  He took the camera with him and I told him he has to be my guest blogger again tomorrow. 

Since he was gone, and because we have ungodly hot weather again, I did not cook.  Instead I sliced up some tomatoes from the garden and made myself a tomato bacon sandwich, with a homemade pickle on the side.
Add caption

I could not get this picture to load facing the right direction to save my life.  Sorry.

And, the last piece of cake?  It may not be here when Brett gets home tonight...



6 comments:

  1. i'd say you deserve that cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to eat like that when the LongSufferingHusband is away - quick and easy!

    Hey, would you have a recipe for pickled garlic? I have a lot of garlic to preserve, I'm using one recipe I found on epicurious and another incredibly simple one a friend in France sent me (Put peeled cloves in jar. Cover with oil. Seal jar. Seems too good to be true)

    Anyway, I like to experiment, so if you (or anyone else) has a recipe they can recommend, I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say "let her eat cake" - LOL. A quiet day all around and I do hope the foot is healing - I hate those foot deal (mine is just now somewhat normal after a year - NOT saying yours will be that long). Anxious to see the guest post as well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? The pie is gone? That needs to change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably would have eaten the cake, and then made a sandwich, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!