Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Stills: Summertime

The Sunday Stills challenge this week is to share photos that represent what we most love about summer.  I'm not a huge fan of summer; they are very hot here in the desert mountains of Southern California.  The early mornings and the evenings are nice, but the rest of the day is useless unless you are a teenage sun worshiper (which I was in my younger days).   The beach, in summer, is comfortable and I have many memories of turning on my towel, to get an even tan, listening to the radio, and body surfing the waves.  Now, I slather on sunscreen and stick to the shade.

I do love summer fruits and vegetables.  There is nothing like a tomato ripened in the sunshine of the garden, plums and peaches from the trees and berries.  Basil and dill, tarragon, oregano and rhubarb.  Summer is a food fest to me.





10 comments:

  1. i'd like the top shot better if they were jelly beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gardens ad your cooking always make me a bit jealous:) Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful! I love the combination of tomatoes, basil and olive oil. And, yes, it does say summer perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, you are making me hungry! You can't beat summer's fresh bounty, it makes everything taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha hah, thank you for the summer feast

    www.henrygl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shouln't be watching this,when i haven't eat.. ;)
    All this nice food... makes me so hungry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Our tomatoes are just starting to ripen - now I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!