Thursday, June 5, 2014

Winston Update

Today I received an email from Winston's new owner and I immediately asked if I could share it with you.  Winston is doing great.  This is what she had to say.

Winston trailered to his new home, while eating his lunch.  Nicole was at school so I walked him around and introduced him to all his new herd buddies, then he rested in his new stall.  He seemed to settle right in and patiently waited for me to go pick Nicole up from school.  When Nicole came in the barn and saw his darling face looking out over the stall door she broke into tears, sobbing.  She was so overwhelmed to actually see him at the barn she has been at for 10 years.  I think Winston truly understands Nicole is his new person.  He nuzzles and sniffs her hair and is very lovable.  Within the hour several of the girls Nicole rides with showed up at the barn to awe at him.


They also sent me a picture of Nicole and Winston on the day that they decided to buy him -- the same Monday where I watched them together, loved how they were bonding (like it was meant to be), and crossed my fingers.  Don't they both look happy?


As my friend Heather said, "Every horse needs a young girl at least once in their lives."


9 comments:

  1. They do look very happy with each other! I'm so glad...you must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The young girl comment is so true! An older girl with lots of time can do the trick too (I.e. me before baby). ;)

    They look so happy. I love happy endings and beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is wonderful Nicole and Winston are going to grow together and that is going to be perfect. They look so happy. Great news. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so very, very happy for both winston and her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look smitten! Good things ahead, I think . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very glad for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's gotta make you feel good...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!