Sunday, July 9, 2017

When You Need a Garden

I love my garden.

I love sitting in my garden; watching the goldfinches fight at their feeder and the sparrows sprint to theirs, grab a quick bite, and hop over to the fence.

I love watching the bees.  There are some really yellow bees on my lavender -- they fascinate me.


And, I love the sunflowers that the birds planted.

When I'm stressed, I walk in the garden.  I pick a few weeds, check the fruit swelling on the trees, and pluck the spent blooms from the flowers.


Or, I sit.  Just sit.  Drink in the peaceful, chirping, buzzing busyness of my garden.

This week, in particular, I am very thankful for my garden.

9 comments:

  1. Love you darling and beside you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An American in TokyoJuly 10, 2017 at 1:03 AM

    Sounds so wonderful!
    I wish I had a garden...but I think I would kill everything with too much or too little water, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a drip system in the garden -- if I didn't have sprinklers on a timer... well, I'd kill everything too!

      Delete
  3. You have a beautiful garden - thank for sharing it with us. And you also have some very interesting species of native bees plus the usual lovely honey bees. I have a really nice guide to pollinators - I'll look and see if it tells us which bees they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't figure it out - there are many, many native bee species. But it doesn't matter - they're beautiful whether we can name them or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a guide to Sierra Nevada native animals, bugs, birds, etc. I looked in there and I looked online. The closest thing I found is a California Carpenter Bee -- or maybe a Valley bee. I didn't find anything definitive, regardless. So, I'm just enjoying them without a name.

      Delete
  5. I understand the comfort of a garden. Yours is beautiful, and I'm glad you're finding joy there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I couldn't agree with you more Annette. This year I am garden-less and it's just so sad without one. Yours is so beautiful, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a huge garden, but it only stresses me out because of the work it takes to keep it looking nice! Gah... Yours looks amazing, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!